Wall of Fame Class of 2006
Mr. William R. Bray, Principal of MMI from 1902 to 1907 and from 1908 to 1933, firmly established MMI as an outstanding academic institution. Mr. Bray taught mathematics in addition to being the sole administrator at the school. He was the first principal in the newly constructed building on Centre Street in Freeland. During his tenure, the President’s home, the laboratory and wood shop and the gymnasium were added to accommodate the expanding student population. New courses were also added to the curriculum and additional college scholarships were secured. Known to his students as being “stern, but fair”, Professor Bray served MMI with distinction until his death on July 13, 1933.